Apply for TN paramedical courses BSc Nursing, BPharm, BPT, B.ASLP, BSc, Cardio, Radiology, BOT, B.Optom course online. TN Health & Welfare Department has released notification for TN paramedical degree courses and online application form download available for students.
Check – Paramedical Counselling 2023. Download Paramedical Courses admissions application form & notification 2023-2024 online from official website within due date.
Last year the application form for Para Medical courses was issued from 7th August, till the last date of August 23rd. But this year, it has been observed that still ( as of Aug 12th ) there is no official update from official sources.
Important Dates for Paramedical Admissions 2023:
- Date of Issue of Notification: September, 2023
- Application Form sale begins: SEP 2023
- Last date for Sale of Application: SEP 2023
- Last Date for receipt of Filled-in Application: SEP 2023
- MERIT List Release Date: Sep 2023
- Tentative Date of Counselling : Oct 4th week, 2023
- Last Date of Admission : As per Allotment order
- Paramedical Admission Application Form Fee: Rs.400
TN Paramedical Degree Course Application Form : Download
TN Paramedical Degree Course Notification: Download
Total Vacancy Details:
Total number of Vacancies for various paramedical courses for the 2023-2024 year would be 12000+ in Govt, Self-financing colleges.
- Seat Vacancy in Govt Colleges: 600+
- Self-financing Colleges: 4000+
- Management Quota: 7000+
- Total Seats 2018-2019: 12000+
How to get TN Paramedical Application Form 2023
As mentioned above, the application form for the admissions of candidates into U.G paramedical courses can also be obtained/downloaded from two sites,
- www.tnhealth.org Para Medical Application Form : Download ( from SEP 10 )
- tnmedicalselection.org Notification: Download (last year )
- Application Forms will also be available across all 22 Govt Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu with Information Brochure.
( Application Form & Notification for 2023 – 2024 will be updated as soon as it goes live )
Where to Check TN Paramedical Merit List 2023 :
Candidates who’ve applied for the courses may check the merit list updated on the following website,
Paramedical Courses Offered in TN for Admissions :
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc Radiology and Imaging Technology
- B.Sc Radio Therapy Technology
- B.Sc Cardio-Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
Details for TN Paramedical Course Admissions 2023
- Filled in application form has to be sent with necessary enclosures and two self-addressed envelopes measuring 23×10 cm be sent in a large sized covers measuring 36 cm x 28 cm superscribed ” APPLICATION FOR PARAMEDICAL COURSES SESSION ” addressed to ” The Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai – 10 ” before the last date along with a Demand Draft for Rs.400 / which is nonrefundable towards the cost of application form drawn in favor of ” The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai – 600 0 10″ payable at Chennai.
- Application without DD will not be accepted, IMPORTANT: Name of the candidate and the name of the course ( Paramedical Course ) should be written on the reverse of the DD .
- AR Number will be assigned by the selection committee.
- Candidates may track their application form status on the official website by entering AR NUMBER / REGISTER NUMBER of the first appearance with the year.
- A RANDOM Number will be generated to each candidate.
- Paramedical Counselling call letters can be downloaded from online by entering AR NUMBER .
Minimum Eligibility Marks for Paramedical Courses 2023
- B.Pharm. /B.ASLP Courses For OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DNC Candidates: – Pass in Higher Secondary Courses with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology or Mathematics not less than 40 % aggregate marks. For SC / SCA / ST Candidates: – Pass in Higher Secondary Course with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany, and Zoology (or) Mathematics.
- B.Sc. Nursing Course: For OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DNC Candidates: – Pass in Higher Secondary Courses with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology with not less than 45% aggregate marks. For SC / SCA / ST Candidates: – Pass in Higher Secondary Courses with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology with not less than 40 % aggregate marks.
- B.Optom. Course: Pass in Higher Secondary Course with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology or Mathematics 5
- B.P.T /B.Sc.Radiology & Imaging Technology / B.Sc. Radio–Therapy Technology / B.Sc. Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Technology / B.O.T
Also check: Post Doctoral Fellowship Course in Tamilnadu
Paramedical Course – Selection Procedure :
Ranking will be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained by the eligible candidates in the prescribed science subjects in the qualifying examinations reduced to the base of 200 marks.
The marks obtained through different Boards will be taken into account after normalization.
Weighted Total Marks for a maximum: 200
Percentage in Biology (after normalization) : (X)
Percentage in Physics and Chemistry – Taken Together : (Y) (after normalization) Percentage in Botany and Zoology – Taken Together : (Z) (after normalization) Percentage in Mathematics (after normalization) : (W)
Weighted total marks for a maximum of 200. Either (X+Y) OR (Z+Y) OR (W+Y)
The percentage and the weighted total should be accurate to two decimals.
Ranking of the candidates will be done based on the total marks obtained in the Science Subjects after the normalization of marks computed to a maximum of 200.
Only the marks obtained in the Science subjects in the Higher Secondary Course qualifying examination as a whole in the first appearance will alone be taken into consideration for the allotment of seats to the candidates and the improvement marks in the Higher Secondary Course examination of any year will not be considered.
Also, the marks obtained through part-by-part appearance in Higher Secondary Course examinations will not be considered including for natives of Tamil Nadu who have passed any other equivalent examination from other Boards/States.
a) If claiming of improvement marks for selection to Para Medical Courses is detected at any point of time,it will lead to cancellation of selection and removal of his/her name from the rank list.
b) Any application submitted without the latest attested photocopy of the first appearance mark sheet of the qualifying examination will summarily be rejected.
Tamilnadu Paramedical Course Counselling Procedure 2023:
The selection will be made on a merit basis and by Counselling applying the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu as follows:-
Open Competition – 31%
Backward Class – 30%
Most Backward Class – 20%
Scheduled Caste – 18%
Scheduled Tribe – 1%
Within 30 % reservation for BC, 3.5% reservation will be provided for BC Muslims and 16 % of seats out of 18 % quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste shall be allocated to the Arunthathiyar Community.
BC, BCM, MBC / DNC, SC, SCA & ST candidates are eligible for Selection under Open Competition as per merit in addition to the reservation made for them.
a) Any remaining unfilled seats for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to the SCA community shall be filled by candidates belonging to the SC community other than Arunthathiyar as per merit and vice versa. (G.O.(Ms).No.55 P & AR Department dated 08.04.2010)
b) Any remaining reserved seats in the ST Quota for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates belonging to the ST community shall be allotted to candidates belonging to SC Community as per merit. (G.O.(Ms).No.77 Health & Family Welfare Department (MCA1) dated 24.02.2011)
c) Any remaining unfilled seats in the BCM Community for want of an adequate number of eligible candidates after exhausting the merit list shall be filled up on merit basis by candidates belonging to BC community without exceeding the quota for the BC community as a whole(G.O.Ms.No.30/H&FW Dept(MCA1)dated 18.01.2012)
d) Even after filling up the required seats reserved for Arunthathiyars on a preferential basis, if more qualified Arunthathiyars are available, such excess number of candidates of Arunthathiyars shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them (As per G.O.Ms.No.65 dated 27.07.2009 of P &AR(K) Department).
If you would like to know more details regarding Tamilnadu BSc nursing admissions 2019 or B.Pharm, B.ASLP, BSC radiology, BOT, BOptom, BSc cardiopulmonary perfusion technology, drop your questions in the comments.
Paramedical Application Status :
Students who’ve applied for Paramedical Course Admissions 2023 may check their application status online on the following site,
TRACK Paramedical Application Status: CHECK HERE
Candidates need to know important dates & details before applying for tn medical courses 2023 – 2024.