JioMeet has been launched as an Indian alternative to Zoom app which has gained millions of new users during this pandemic lockdown.
Though there are security concerns using Zoom, still its being largely used in India, as there was no best alternative available.
But thanks to Jio, they’ve launched their own video conferencing app Jio Meet to beat Zoom in India.
Coming to the title of this post, lets assume you already installed this app, if not you may download jiomeet on playstore.
How to Join a Video Conference Meeting on JioMeet App
- Install JioMeet if you haven’t already installed
- Open the Jiomeet app -> tap “Join a Meeting” option
- Next, give Meeting ID and click “Join Meeting”
- On the next screen, enter Password given by meeting organizer.
- You’ve now successfully joined video conference meet.
It is your own choice to keep Video / Audio on or off during video conference.
In simple terms, if you have already used Zoom app, then you won’t find any difficulties, everything remains similar and simple.
You may ask why should i use Jiomeet when i already have Zoom app installed on my phone.
Well there are some limitations on zoom which you don’t have it on jiomeet.
- Jiomeet offers 24 hours uninterrupted video conference meet whereas Zoom offers 40 minutes limit.
- Jiomeet is Indian made video conference app.
- Data is not stored abroad, Jiomeet have all its data stored locally which is one of most important aspect of security.
Video conferencing is gaining traction in India and around the world as most of schools, colleges, companies shut due to covid-19 pandemic situation.
So everything that is possible to conduct online is being done using video conference apps like zoom, webex, google meet.
Looking at this perfect opportunity, Jio has launched its own app taking on the Video conference app market.
In few months time, Jiomeet may be sitting on the top considering it is the leading Mobile operator in India with advantage of cross promotion in its various platforms.
With few days of its launch it already has got million+ download in PlayStore.
What Video conference app do you use ? Zoom or Google Meet or Jio Meet ? Do drop it in comment section.