TNAU 2018 Admissions
Everything you need to know about Tamilnadu Agriculture University application form 2018 for Admissions into U.G / PG Courses for B.Sc / B.Tech agri programmes in Tamilnadu.
Candidates may need to Apply for TNAU 2018 Online from the date of opening of online registration forms on its official website .
Before applying for Tamilnadu Agriculture University admissions, you may need to go through essential details .
We will also update you on Agriculture colleges in tamilnadu especially that comes under TNAU affiliation in Coimbatore .
Update : TNAU Counselling for BSc Agri, BTech Agri courses started on June
16th, 2nd week 2018
TNAU Notification 2018 to be released on May
12th, 2nd week 2018
TNAU 2018 Notification & Important Dates :
Opening of online application
May 2nd week,2018
Last date for online application
June 1st week,2018
June 2nd week,2018
Counseling for Sports, Ex-servicemen and Decedents of freedom fighter and Differently abled quota
June 3rd week, 2018
June 3rd – 4th week, 2018
Counseling for vocational stream
June 4th week, 2018
Counseling for NRI and Industry sponsorship quota
June last week, 2018
Registration for I semester
|July 4th week, 2018|
Closure of Admission
August last week, 2018
TNAU 2018 Eligibility Criteria :
Eligible Minimum Qualifying Marks (Academic Stream / Vocational Stream)
Open Competition (OC) : 55 % aggregate of all the four required subjects
Backward Class (BC) and Backward Class Muslim (BCM) : 50 % aggregate of all the four required subjects
Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC ) : 45 % aggregate of all the four required subjects
Scheduled Caste (SC/SCA) : A pass in qualifying examination with four required subjects
Scheduled Tribe (ST) : A pass in qualifying examination with four required subjects
TNAU 2018 Agri Courses Offered :
Undergraduate Academic Programs
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE PROGRAMS
- B.Sc. (Food Science and Nutrition)
- B.Sc.(Sericulture)AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS
- B.Tech. (Food Process Engineering)
- B.T ech. (Biotechnology)
- B.T ech. (Horticulture)
- B.T ech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering)
- B.T ech. (Bioinformatics)
How to Apply Online ?
Instructions for Online Application Process
- Go to https://tnauonline.in
- Click Under Graduate.
- Read instructions and Accept declaration to proceed for registration.
- Click on Registration.
- Complete Step 1 of online application to receive user ID and password in YOUR mobile and e-Mail Inbox.
- Theregisteredmobilenumberande-MailIDmustbeaccessiblebythecandidateall the time for receiving all further communications related to admission. Use of e-Mail ID and mobile number of others (like friends, relatives, internet browsing centres, etc.) are HIGHLY DISCOURAGED. In such cases, there is a risk of missing vital communication from TNAU.
- Click on Candidate Login.
- Login with your user ID and password.
- Complete Step 2 and Step 3 of online application.
10.Complete online payment using e-payment link (available in Step 4 of online application). Fee is Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC / ST Candidates).
11.In case, you have not received the payment reference number from TNAU, wait for 24 hours. The reference number will be sent to your registered Mobile number and e-Mail inbox. If attempt of payment is a failure, repeat from Instruction No. 10 above to complete the payment process.
12.Login again with your user ID and password to download and print Joint Declaration Form and Appendices / Checklist.
13.All candidates, except who have applied for seat under Differently Abled / Ex- servicemen / Descendants of Freedom Fighter / Eminent Sports Person / Industry Sponsorship / Non Resident Indian (NRI) Quota must send the signed Joint Declaration Form to the Dean (Agriculture) and Chairman (Admission), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore – 641 003 through post. All other documents and originals must be produced at the time of counselling.
14.Candidates who have applied for seat under Differently Abled / Ex-servicemen / Descendants of Freedom Fighter / Eminent Sports Person / Industry Sponsorship / Non Resident Indian (NRI) Quota must submit the signed Joint Declaration Form with necessary Documents and Annexures IN PERSON ONLY to the Dean (Agriculture) and Chairman (Admission), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore ONLY on 9th, 10th and 11th of June 2018 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Originals must be produced for all the self-attested photocopies for verification. Only verified candidates will be considered for counselling.
Mode of Selection :
Would you like to know what is the selection procedure for tamilnadu agricultural courses ? Here ,
Candidates will be selected on MERIT, based on the marks in their qualifying examination and ranked as per the procedure given in Section II.(i). If the marks are to be updated or corrected, the candidates need to report to TNAU Admission Cell, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore in person with relevant mark sheet, well before the counseling date. UPDATION OF MARKS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED AT THE TIME OF COUNSELING.
Single window counseling system is being followed for all degree programs and campus allotment. Separate counseling will be held for academic and vocational streams.
1. TNAU 2018 RankingProcedure
Once you’ve completed filling / sending tamilnadu agriculture university application form 2018 for TNAU , Coimbatore . You’ll then get TNAU Ranking number 2018 .
Aggregate Mark is calculated as follows
Aggregate Mark = Sum of ((marks obtained in each subject /maximum mark for that subject) X 50) all the four subjects considered under Group I, II, II (A) & III.
In the case of qualifying examination other than Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary (HSC) Examination, normalization procedure as ordered in the Tamil Nadu Admission in Professional Educational Institutions Act, 2006 (Tamil Nadu Act 3 of 2007), G.O. M.S. 190 Agriculture (AP.6) Department dt. 16.5.2007 and G.O. M.S. 191 Agriculture (AP.6) Department dt. 16.5.2007 shall be adopted for computing minimum eligibility and ranking.
2. TNAU 2018 Determination of the inter se merit
In cases where more than one student have got the same aggregate marks in the common merit list, the inter se merit among such students shall be determined in the order of priority as specified below:
- (i). Marks out of 50 in Mathematics. If a student has not studied Mathematics marks out of 50 in Biology or (Botany + Zoology)
- (ii). Marks out of 50 in Physics
- (iii). Marks out of 50 in Chemistry
- (iv). Date of Birth – Eldest first
b. Higher Secondary Course (HSC) – Vocational Stream
Five per cent of seats are exclusively reserved for candidates who have qualified under Vocational Stream and therefore they shall not be considered under general merit and any other reservation categories. Vocational group candidates are eligible only for the degree programs indicated below:
- Candidates who passed Higher Secondary Course (HSC) under Vocational stream and studied, Biology and Agricultural Practices as vocational subject including theory and practical are eligible to apply for the degrees, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Horticulture), B.Sc. (Forestry) and B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering).
- Candidates who passed HSC under vocational stream and studied any one of the subjects, namely, Biology or Mathematics or Physics and vocational subjects including theory and practical of Agricultural Practices are eligible to apply for the degree B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering).
TNAU 2018 admission notification can be downloaded from the previous post . Or directly from tnau.ac.in portal .
Candidates who would like to know more about tanu application form issue centre, please be advised that from last year, the registration is done only online .
Tamilnadu Agriculture University admission procedure 2018 available online in pdf format to download.
TNAU notification 2018 will soon be released with complete details on how to apply, what to attach with documents etc.
So you’ve to visit TNAU Agri Portal to Apply for TNAU counselling 2018 which will be conducted in July 2018 . You have to do TNAU 2018 online application form before last date of June
4,1st week, 2018 .