SpaceX scheduled to launch Starlink satellites on May 16, 8.15 AM (IST ) but due to upper winds, launch didn’t happen as planned.
Now the next launch window opened for a possible time on May 17, 2019, 8.00AM IST .
As per SpaceX tweet, the launch delayed to May 16, 10.30PM PDT ( U.S time ).
Table of Content
- First of several launch mission planned
- 60 Satellites to be deployed
- Launch Vehicle : Falcon 9
- Booster : Reused ( used on Telstar VANTAGE launch in Sep 2018)
- Payload Weight: 18.5 tonnes
- No.Of Satellites : 60
- Deploy Altitude: ~440KM
- Operational Altitude: 550 KM
- Deploy Time: 1.02 hours from Launch
- Mission : To provide reliable & Affordable broadband service
One can watch SpaceX Starlink mission launch live on its official portal. If you want to know more details in Tamil, you may also check out below video from TamilExplainer,
SpaceX launches Starlink Mission from Space Launch Complex ( SLC -40 ), at Cape Canaveral, Florida, US.
The new launch window opens at 10.30 pm EDT or 2.30 PM UTC on May 17, or 8.00 AM IST on May 18, 2019.
- Starlink Mission Indian Time: 8.00AM, May 18, 2019
- Starlink Mission US Time : 10.30 PM PDT, May 17, 2019
- 00:38:00 SpaceX Launch Director verifies go for propellant load
- 00:35:00 RP-1 (rocket grade kerosene) loading underway
- 00:35:00 1st stage LOX (liquid oxygen) loading underway
- 00:16:00 2nd stage LOX loading underway
- 00:07:00 Falcon 9 begins engine chill prior to launch
- 00:01:00 Command flight computer to begin final prelaunch checks
- 00:01:00 Propellant tank pressurization to flight pressure begins
- 00:00:45 SpaceX Launch Director verifies go for launch
- 00:00:03 Engine controller commands engine ignition sequence to start
- 00:00:00 Falcon 9 liftoff
Launch, Landing & Satellite Deployment
00:01:13 Max Q (moment of peak mechanical stress on the rocket)
00:02:31 1st stage main engine cutoff (MECO)
00:02:34 1st and 2nd stages separate
00:02:41 2nd stage engine starts
00:03:33 Fairing deployment
00:06:43 1st stage entry burn complete
00:08:17 1st stage landing
00:08:46 2nd stage engine cutoff (SECO-1)
00:46:11 2nd stage engine restarts
00:46:14 2nd stage engine cutoff (SECO-2)
01:02:14 Starlink satellites begin deployment
SpaceX main mission to design and develop Starlink network is to provide highly reliable, affordable internet service.
A total of 12000 satellites are planned to be launched into two orbits 550KM ( Ku, Ka band ) , 340 Km ( v band ) .
If you ask how many starlink satellites be launched in 2019 ?
A total of 420 satellites will be launched in 2019, if everything goes as per plan.
How many Launches are required to get it work ?
7 Launches are enough to get it started but as per Elon, 12 launches are required to get significant coverage.
When will it go Operational ?
The Starlink Internet Service will go operational by 2020.
Will SpaceX Starlink internet be available in India ?
As of now there’s no information available about the service areas. First U.S will get the service, may be in the future more countries will be added.
What’s the Budget ?
SpaceX to spend $10 billion dollars on Starlink Network.