GATE 2017 – 2018
Graduate Aptituted Test in Engineering ( GATE ) examination is conducted every year for the admissions of students into Master’s programs at India’s prestigeous Institute’s IIT, IISc.
Every year, an institute take responsibility & organize the complete process from Online Registration to upto Admissions process ,last year it was IIT Kanpur organized .
Important Updates :
This page has been updated on October 25th . You have to make correction within October 31st and if you need to change exam centre or city , please do it before November 20th, 2017 .
Hi students, the GATE 2018 conducting institute is announced as IISc, Bangalore , so the complete details about the gate entrance test is being updated including GOAP , Application Status, Revised Syllabus, Prev year question papers, Answer Keys .
What is GATE 2018 Exam for ?
Appearing for GATE entrance bring lot of advantages & benefits to student in multiple fronts, some of them are,
– First of all GATE Score is a needed for students who thrive to study at IIT , getting admissions into World’s Top ranked Indian Institute of Technology & Indian Institue of Science campuses .
– GATE score helps students to get Scholorships from Ministry of Human Resource Departmnent ( MHRD ) , a govt offered financial aid for doing Masters Degree & Doctorate in the field of Engineering, Technology, Architecture & Doctorate programs .
– Candidate with good GATE Score will be able to seek Jobs in Public Sector Unit ( PSU’s ) , those includes BHEL, BARC, NTPC, PGI, IOCL .
GATE Score is valid for 3 years only
List of IIT’s in India :
There are 7 IIT’s in India and an IISC which are listed below,
- Indian Institue of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
GATE 2018 Important Dates :
IITK last year released the notification for the GATE 2018 exam in the last week of August 2017,
- GATE Online Application Form Opens : September 1st , 2017
- GATE 2016 Last Date for Online Submission : October 1st week, 2017
- GATE 2016 Admit Card Release Date : December 3rd week, 2017
- GATE 2016 Online Examination ( CBT ) : January last week, 2018 / February 2rd week, 2018
- GATE 2016 Result Date : March 3rd week, 2018
The informations are based on Last year’s GATE exam Important dates .
Usually GATE exam is conducted only on Satruday’s & Sunday’s , so as this year GATE entrance exam is also expected to follow the same.
Any information that bring changes to the GATE entrance test will be updated immediately .
GATE Eligibility ?
If you’re looking for Eligibility criteria to Apply for GATE 2018 exam,
Education Qualification :
– Candidate with Bachelor’s Degree in
- Engineering ( BE, BTech )
– Bachelor’s Degree in Science B.S ( 4 year course )
– Master’s Degree in Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications .
– Integrated Master’s Degree in Engineering or Tech
– Five Year Integrated Courses in B.S / M.S program
– Qualified with certification from UPSC / AICTE .
GATE 2018 Application Fee :
Anyone who’re willing to Apply for GATE entrance have to pay fee online,
GATE Application Cost for Men : Rs.1500 ( OBC / GEN ) , Rs.750 ( SC / ST )
GATE Application Cost for Women : Rs.750 ( OBC / GEN / SC / ST )
How to Apply for GATE 2018?
Candidate need to visit only GATE’s official website ( organizing IIT ) to apply Online.
– Visit GATE portal’s GOAP – Gate Online Application Processing
– ” Register ” as new user
– Fill all necessary details on the Online registration form,
– You’ll need to Upload Photograph & Signature as per the resolution required.
– Final Step is ” Make Payment ” online by Debit/Credit or Netbanking system
– Once done, You’ll receive Email confirmation with GATE Exam 2018 Register Number / Application .
After few weeks,you’ll be intimated to check GATE 2018 Application status online.
If youre Application is accepted; no proble, else you’ll be required to make changes or your GATE application form will be rejected .
GATE Study Materials :
Although GATE exam previous year question papers with answer keys available, it is better you get Study Material books online / offline and start preparing for the entrance exam 2018 .
In case , if you’re looking for GATE exam books ? let us know via comments, so that we can add it here for your quick references .
That’s it for now ! Have any queries regarding GATE Exam ? Please post your questions .