Anna University to conduct Online TNEA Counselling 2018 – 2019 for B.E / B.Tech admissions in Tamilnadu to be conducted in the month of June-July 2018 for all 1.2 lakhs applicants.
Candidates of more than a lakhs had applied for TNEA – Engineering Admissions in Tamilnadu through online registration portal from May 3rd till 27th 2018.
TNEA Online Counselling 2018
Anna University Controller of admissions conducts TNEA every year for the admissions of students into U.G degree programmes for various courses in B.E / B.Tech.
Admissions will be conducted for University Departments colleges and its 550+ affiliated engineering colleges in Tamilnadu.
As we’ve already reported, the official notification was published on April 25th announcing the engineering Online registration will commence from May 3, 2018 onwards.
This year students who’ve completed Class 12 examination in the month of March will be able to check their tamilnadu 12th results on May 16th, 2018.
Anna University Counselling Process:
- Application Issue & Collection
- Application Scrutiny
- Random Number
- Rank Publication
- Counselling Call Letter Dispatch
- Single Window Counselling
Anna University opens online registration form from May 3, 2018 , 09.00 AM onwards.
Your application form will be scrutinised and the status of whether your application form has been accepted or rejected or need any correction will be updated online.
Random Number & Rank List :
Anna University will publish random number & rank list or merit list based on your engineering cut off marks on its portal. Applicants will be able to check by logging in with registered credentials.
Anna University Certificate Verification :
So far students were asked to bring original certificates to Anna University, Guindy campus for certificate verification.
How to verify my Certificate for TNEA Counselling ?
Now, things have changed, Anna University have assigned 42 TNEA Facilitation centres across Tamilnadu where applicants need to visit to get their certificate verification done.
We’ll update Anna university engineering admissions facilitation centres list as soon as it gets published online.
Change in TNEA Counselling Procedure :
As we notified few weeks ago, Anna University to conduct engineering Counselling online from 2018 onwards, so here are procedures you need to follow to get engineering admissions into reputed colleges in tamilnadu of your choices.
- Candidates will be grouped into rounds based on the merit list ( ranking )
- Anna University will publish list of eligible candidates for the round ( with application number )
- Applicants need to make payment of Rs.5000 ( Gen ) , Rs.1000 ( SC/SCA/ST ) for college admission initial deposit before adding choices of college & branch.
- Three days will be given for candidates to decide, add choices and confirm branch/college ie) till 3rd day 5.00 PM.
- Engineering Seats are alloted tentatively based on the merit list and choices chosen by you and the dates can be checked from the tnea portal itself by loging in.
- Candidates will be provided final seat allotment order. If you couldn’t join or participate in the current round will be able to participate in the next rounds.
Similarly you’ll be updated with your TNEA Cut off marks 2018 on the portal, all you need to do is just login and check everything from there itself.
Please do note : Certificate verification for eminent sports persons, differently-abled, vocational, SC-SCA will be done only in Chennai.
TNEA Contact Numbers :
Anna University has opened helpline for candidates to get any doubts or questions cleared at the following numbers,
044 22359901 – 20
Have any more questions or doubts regarding Anna University engineering counseling 2018 – 2019 ? Do drop it on comment box, we’ll reply as soon as possible.