Railway Recruitment Board – RRB recruitment notification 2019 for Junior Engineer ( JE ), Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant of total 13487 posts released.
Apply for RRB recruitment 2019 on or before the last date of January 31, 2019 ( 23:59 Hours )
Table of Content
RRB JE Recruitment 2019
As per official notification, the Online Registration for the recruitment is already commenced, and candidates from all parts of the country applying for the exam.
Important Dates & Time
|Online Registration Starts||02.01.2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||31.01.2019|
|Closing of Offline Payment||04.02.2019|
|Closing of Online Payment||05.02.2019|
|Date of 1st Stage CBT Exam||April/May 2019|
|Online Registration||Apply Here|
- Junior Engineer : 12844
- Junior Engineer ( Informationa Technology ) : 29
- Depot Material Superintendent : 227
- Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant : 387
- Total : 13487 Posts
Candidates who doesn’t have fee exemption would need to pay Rs.500 for registration.
Fee exemption candidates: Rs.250
- 1st Stage CBT – Computer Based Test
- 2nd Stage CBT – Computer Based Test
- Document Verification / Medical Exam
Selection is based on the Merit list only.
1st Stage CBT Exam:
Duration: 90 minutes
No.Of Questions: 100
1st Stage is for screening / filtering candidates, questions will be based on the degree standard.
Those who get shortlisted in 1st stage will only be allowed to appear for 2nd stage.
Questions from following topics:
a. Mathematics :
Number systems, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM and HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and
Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Elementary
Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern.
b. General Intelligence and Reasoning :
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jum
-bling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences,
Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
c. General Awareness :
Knowledge of Current affairs, Indian geography, culture and history of India including freedom struggle, Indian Polity and
constitution, Indian Economy, Environmental issues concerning India and the World, Sports, General scientific and
technological developments etc.
d. General Science :
Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences (up to 10th Standard CBSE syllabus).
Section Wise No.Of Questions:
- Maths – 30
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – 25
- General Awareness – 15
- General Science – 30
- Total : 100 questions
2nd Stage CBT:
The number of candidates shortlisted for 2nd stage will be 15 times the number of vacancies. So nearly ~2 lakhs candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage RRB CBT exam.
- Duration: 120 minutes
- No.Of Questions: 150
Questions will be asked from following topics:
a) General Awareness :
Knowledge of Current affairs, Indian geography, culture and history of India including freedom struggle, Indian Polity and constitution, Indian Economy, Environmental issues concerning India and the World, Sports, General scientific and technological developments etc.
b) Physics and Chemistry: Up to 10th standard CBSE syllabus.
c) Basics of Computers and Applications:
Architecture of Computers; input and Output devices; Storage devices, Networking, Operating System like Windows, Unix,Linux; MS Office; Various data representation; Internet and Email; Websites & Web Browsers; Computer Virus.
d) Basics of Environment and Pollution Control:
Basics of Environment; Adverse effect of environmental pollution and control strategies; Air, water and Noise pollution, their effect and control; Waste Management, Global warming; Acid rain; Ozone depletion.
e) Technical Abilities:
The educational qualifications mentioned against each post shown in Annexure-A, have been grouped into different exam groups as below. Questions on the Technical abilities will be framed in the syllabus defined for various Exam Groups given at Annexure-VII-A, B, C, D, E, F & G.
Section Wise Questions:
- General Awareness – 15
- Physics & Chemistry – 15
- Basics of Computers and Applications – 10
- Basics of Environment and Pollution Control – 10
- Technical Abilities – 100
- Total : 150
- Time: 120 minutes
How to Apply ?
a) Candidates can apply for the notified posts of any one RRB as per their eligibility only through ONLINE application mode by visiting the official website of RRBs listed at Para 20.0
b) Read all the Information and Instructions detailed in the CEN thoroughly before starting the filling up of application by clicking the CEN.03/2018 Link on the RRB Website. It is essential that the candidate understands all information of the CEN correctly to prevent any mistakes while filling application.
c) Scanned Documents in JPEG Format to be kept ready before filling the application
In order to ensure speedy filling up of application by the candidates, they should keep the following documents in digital form
before logging into the application page.
i. Candidate Photograph in Color: JPEG image of size 20KB to 50KB
ii. Candidate Signature: JPEG image of size 10KB to 40KB
iii. SC/ST Certificate (Only for candidates seeking Free Travel Pass): JPEG image of size 50 to 100KB
d) Check RRB-Wise Vacancies for the qualification and Reservation Category of the candidate: The candidates are advised to check the post parameter table and vacancy table in this CEN to ascertain the vacancies notified against all RRBs for their qualification (Degree/Diploma) and ensure that the RRB to which they wish to fill in the online application is having vacancy for their discipline and community/category subject to eligibility in terms of age and medical standards.
e) Further for identifying post parameters and RRB-Wise vacancies dynamically as per their eligibility click on the Tabs for post parameter and vacancy table and follow as below:
i) Post Parameter:-From the post parameter table candidate can ascertain the post(s) for which he/she is eligible as per qualification, categories like PwBD, and medical standards etc.
ii) Vacancy Table:- To ascertain the comprehensive details of vacancy of all the posts notified against an RRB for his/her eligibility , candidate may select the RRB from the drop down list of RRBs from search menu and can view the vacancies of all the notified posts against various Railways/Units attached to that RRB on selecting the eligibility parameters.
iii) After scrutinizing the vacancy table, candidates may decide the RRB for which they wish to apply duly ensuring that vacancy exists for their qualification and community/PwBD/ExSM category. Once the RRB has been selected, preliminary registration is completed and registration number is allotted, change of RRB will not be permitted under any circumstances.
1. Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for post(s) as on the closing date of online registration (31.01.2019). CANDIDATES WAITING FOR FINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
2. Any candidate found using unfair means of any kind in the examination, sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination, attempt to impersonate will be debarred from appearing in all the examinations of all the RRBs/RRCs (Railway Recruitment Cell) for lifetime.
He/she will also be debarred from getting any appointment the Railways, and if already appointed, will be dismissed from service. Such candidates are also liable for legal prosecution.
3. Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs indicated at Para 20.0 of the CEN
and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
4. Scale of Pay: For Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology) [JE(IT)], Depot Material Superintendant (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA):-Level 06 (RSRP 7th CPC Pay Matrix.) with initial pay of Rs. 35400/-, plus other allowances admissible at that time.
Age: 18-33 years (as on 01-01-2019) (Please refer Para No. 5.0).
6. Candidates are required to go through the Post Parameter Table, Vacancy Table and ascertain their eligibility to apply through ONLINE mode any one RRB only, depending upon their eligibility.
The selection of RRB once exercised shall be final. Application to more than one RRB, will lead to rejection of all the applications.
7. Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates copies to RRBs concerned by post. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any
information furnished by the candidate his/her application false/incorrect the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith. After submission of application against this CEN RRBs shall not entertain any representation for modification of the information furnished in the application.
8. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not begiven any alternative appointment.
9. Stages of Exam: There shall be two stage Computer Based Test (CBT).
10. Marks will be normalized as per the formulae given in Para No. 14.2 & 14.3 of this Notice.
11. RRB-wise shortlisting of candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 15 times (may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway Administration). The shortlisting of 2nd Stage CBT will be based on the merit of the candidates in 1st Stage CBT. The RRB-wise shortlisted candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be advised through the official websites of RRBs and e-mail to download their e-call letter for appearing in the 2nd Stage CBT.
12. Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
13. Banned items:- Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, Bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any othercommunication devices or pen/pencil, wallets/purses, belts and metallic wears including ornaments etc., are strictly NOT allowed inside the examination hall. Any infringement of this instruction will entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
14.Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the above banned items to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
15. Center/City allocation will depend upon technical and logistical feasibility. Candidates may have to travel to other Cities/States.
16. Candidates should have their own Mobile Number and valid & active e-mail ID as RRBs shall send all recruitment relatedcommunications only through SMS and e-mail. The Mobile Number and e-mail ID should be active till the completion of recruitment process. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
17. Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the detailed CEN available on the websites of RRBs.
Age Limit :
Age Upper Limit of Date of Birth (Not Earlier than) Lower Limit of Date of Birth (Not later than)
UR OBC-Non Creamy Layer SC/ST For all Community/Categories
18 to33 02.01.1986 02.01.1983 02.01.1981 01.01.2001