National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Exam – NCHM JEE 2019 entrance exam notification, application form, exam dates, announced.
Candidates who wish to apply for NCHM JEE 2019 exam may do so by getting application form from online on nta.ac.in.
Table of Content
NCHM 2019 Important Dates:
As per official notification and press release in news papers,
- Application Form Issue starts : January 15, 2019
- Last Date to Apply : March 15, 2019
- NCHM Exam Date : April 27, 2019
- Admit Card Release: April 3, 2019
- Answer Key Release Date: April 28, 2019
- Release of Results – May 15, 2019
- Official Notification: Download
- Online Application Form : Click Here to Apply
- General/OBC – Rs.800
- SC/ST/PwD – Rs.400
- Transgender – Rs.400
Students who wish to pursue Hotel management courses in reputed institutions across India need to appear for the eligibility exam conducted by NCHM.
The NCHM Joint Entrance Exam 2019 will be conducted in all states, so that students from any state, can register for and apply.
Students should have,
Education: Pass in 10+2 system with English as one of the subjects.
Age Limit: for General & OBC – Age Limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2019. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1994 are all eligible.
For SC/ST – age limit is 28 years, born on or after July 1, 1991 are all eligible.
- 15% – SC ( Central Govt Institute )
- 7.5% – ST ( Central Govt Institute )
- 27% for OBC – Non Creamy layer,
Scheme of Exam:
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization under the Society Registration Act 1860 for conducting efficient, transparent and international standard tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions.
NTA will conduct the National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination 2019 (NCHM JEE-2019) in CBT mode for admission to the B.Sc. Course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc.HHA) across the Country.
B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration Course:
The Bachelor of Science Programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc. HHA) is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year (Six Semesters) regular full time Course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality Sector. The Program involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Management. The B.Sc. HHA Programme with only vegetarian practical option is available to vegetarian candidates. However, other theory classes will be at par with the other students.
Job Opportunities for Hospitality Course Graduates
Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings. As a result, the
graduating students can look forward to career opportunities as;
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry;
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee;
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services;
- Indian Navy Hospitality services;
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains;
- Hospital and Institutional Catering;
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes;
- Shipping and Cruise lines;
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- Railway Hospitality and Catering Services;
- State Tourism Development Corporations;
- Resort Management;
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship and
- Multinational companies for their hospitality services.
- About 95% of the graduates are employed by Hospitality and other service sectors through on campus and off-campus recruitment processes.
- Numer ability and analytical aptitude : 30 questions
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction: 30 questions
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: 30 questions
- English Language : 60 questions
- Aptitude for Service Sector : 50 questions
Total : 200 questions
Duration: 3 hours
Correct Answer: +4 marks
Incorrect Answer: -1 mark
NCHM JEE will release merit list based on the CBT score, so candidates who perform well will be on the merit list and those candidates will only be called for counselling.
More informations available on the official Notification of NCHM , please download and go through complete details.