Anna Univ 3rd Semester Syllabus for ECE
Branch : ECE
Reg : 2008
[ for all Reg ,common ]
Univ : ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI , ANNA UNIVERSITY COIMBATORE , ANNA UNIVERSITY MADURAI , ANNA UNIVERSITY TRICHY , ANNA UNIVERSITY TIRUNELVELI .
LIST OF OTHER SUBJECTS FOR ECE 3RD SEMESTER
|Electromagnetic Fields and Waves|
|Electronic Circuits- I|
|Data Structures and Object Oriented Programming|
|Signals and Systems|
EE9215 ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING L T P C
3 0 0 3
To provide knowledge in the basic concepts of three phase circuits, electrical machines and power system.
Electric circuit analysis
To impart knowledge on
- Three phase circuits
- Principles of Electrical Machines
- Various components of power system
UNIT I DC MACHINES 9
Construction of DC machines – theory of operation of DC generators – characteristics of DC generators. Operating principle of DC motors – types of DC motors and their characteristics – speed control of DC motors.
UNIT II TRANSFORMERS AND THREE PHASE CIRCUITS 9
Introduction – transformer principle of operation – transformer no–load phasor diagram – EMF equation of a transformer – transformer on–load phasor diagram – transformer construction – equivalent circuit of a transformer – regulation of a transformer – transformer losses and efficiency –auto transformers. Three-phase supply – star connection – Delta connection – power in three-phase systems – measurement of power in three-phase systems – comparison of star and delta – advantages
UNIT II I INDUCTION MACHINES 9
Construction of single-phase motors – types of single phase motors – double revolving field theory – starting methods – capacitor start capacitor run motors – shaded pole – repulsion type. Principle of operation of three-phase induction motors
– construction – types – equivalent circuit – starting and speed control.
UNIT IV SYNCHRONOUS MACHINES 9
Principles of alternator – construction details – types – equation of induced EMF – voltage regulation. Methods of starting of synchronous motors – torque equation – V curves – synchronous condensers .
UNIT V INTRODUCTION OF POWER SYSTEMS 9
Structure of electrical Power system –typical AC power supply scheme –types of power plants –Variable load on Power plants-Interconnected grid system- transmission & distribution of electrical energy –over head Vs Underground system
–Protection of power system –substation –types of tariff –power factor improvement
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. I.J Nagarath and Kothari DP ‘Electrical Machines ’ Tata McGraw Hill ,1997
2. Del Toro ‘Electrical Engineering Fundamentals’ Pearson Education, New Delhi,
3. John Bird ‘Electrical Circuit theory and technology’ Elsevier, First Indian Edition,
1. Rajendra Prasad ‘Fundamentals of Electrical engineering’ Prentice Hall of India,
2. Thereja .B.L ‘Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and Electronics’ S chand & Co Ltd, 2008
3. V.K Mehta and Rohit Mehta ‘ Principle of Electrical Engineering’ S Chand & Company,2008
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS !
ANNA UNIV SYLLABUS FOR 3RD SEM
ANNA UNIVERSITY ECE 3RD SEM SYLLABUS
SYLLABUS FOR 3RD SEM ECE
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SYLLABUS
EE SYLLABUS FOR ECE