Know why Short video publishing platform Tik Tok has been banned in India from April 17th, 2019.
Downloaded more than 120 million times in India, the App has got tremendous growth since last year.
Reason Why Tik Tok Banned in India ?
- Feb 2019 : Tamil Nadu IT Minister M Manikandan said the state govt will request Central Govt to ban Tik Tok as it distracts children from studies, cause degradation of TN culture also cause land and order problems due to hate videos of caste related are being uploaded.
- April 2019: An individual files a plea in Madras High Court on April 1st to ban Tik Tok for pornographic content , exposing children to those contents.
- April 3, 2019 : Madras High Court orders Central Govt to Ban the app Tik Tok.
- April 12, 2019: Tik Tok responded saying they removed 6 million videos for violating their content policies.
- April 15, 2019: Supreme Court refuses to stay Madras high court’s order banning Tik Tok app in India.
- April 18, 2019 : As per Indian Govt order, Apple & Google removed Tik Tok from respective app stores / Play store.
- April 22, 2019: Supreme Court Hearing , a final verdict on Tik Tok ban is expected.
So as of now, TikTok App has been completely removed from Google Play Store and Apple app store.
Though the app is available for download in other countries, right now it has been removed from availability only in India.
What do you think about the BAN of Tik Tok ?
Though there are many good users posting userful content like Food, tech, sports, comedy videos on Tik Tok, the majority of videos one being shown is vulgar / pornographic .
That’s the reason why many welcome the move by Central govt on the banning of the app.
Can i Still Download Tik Tok ?
Yes, Tik Tok app can still be downloaded to Android devices from Apk Mirror even after the ban.
If you still want to know how to download Tik Tok for iOS after ban ? let us know in comment section.