Linear Integrated Circuits Syllabus for ECE 4th Sem EC2254
Syllabus for ECE
Anna University Syllabus for ECE 4th Semester ” Linear Integrated Circuits ” ( LIC ) . Share with your friends .
Subjects for 4th Sem :
1. Probability and Random Processes
2. Electronic Circuits II
3. Communication Theory
4. Electromagnetic Fields
5. Control Systems
Syllabus Info :
Subject : Lineaer Integrated Circuits
Sub Code : EC2254
Branch : Electronics & Communication Engineering
Semester : 4th Sem
Univ : Anna Univeresity & Affiliated College
EC 2254 LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS
To teach the basic concepts in the design of electronic circuits using linear integrated circuits and their applications in the processing of analog signals.
- To introduce the basic building blocks of linear integrated circuits.
- To teach the linear and non-linear applications of operational amplifiers.
- To introduce the theory and applications of analog multipliers and PLL.
- To teach the theory of ADC and DAC
- To introduce the concepts of waveform generation and introduce some special function ICs.
UNIT I IC FABRICATION AND CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION FOR LINEAR IC 9
Advantages of Ics over discrete components – Manufacturing process of monolithic Ics – Construction of monolithic bipolar transistor – Monolithic diodes – Integrated Resistors – Monolithic Capacitors – Inductors. Current mirror and current sources, Current sources as active loads, Voltage sources, Voltage References, BJT Differential amplifier with active loads, General operational amplifier stages -and internal circuit diagrams of IC 741, DC and AC performance characteristics, slew rate, Open and closed loop configurations.
UNIT II APPLICATIONS OF OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS 9
Sign Changer, Scale Changer, Phase Shift Circuits, Voltage Follower, V-to-I and I-to-V converters, adder, subtractor, Instrumentation amplifier, Integrator, Differentiator, Logarithmic amplifier, Antilogarithmic amplifier, Comparators, Schmitt trigger, Precision rectifier, peak detector, clipper and clamper, Low-pass, high-pass and band-pass Butterworth filters.
UNIT III ANALOG MULTIPLIER AND PLL 9
Analog Multiplier using Emitter Coupled Transistor Pair – Gilbert Multiplier cell – Variable transconductance technique, analog multiplier ICs and their applications, Operation of the basic PLL, Closed loop analysis, Voltage controlled oscillator, Monolithic PLL IC 565, application of PLL for AM detection, FM detection, FSK modulation and demodulation and Frequency synthesizing.
UNIT IV ANALOG TO DIGITAL AND DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTERS 8
Analog and Digital Data Conversions, D/A converter – specifications – weighted resistor type, R-2R Ladder type, Voltage Mode and Current-Mode R - 2R Ladder types - switches for D/A converters, high speed sample-and-hold circuits, A/D Converters – specifications – Flash type – Successive Approximation type – Single Slope type – Dual Slope type – A/D Converter using Voltage-to-Time Conversion – Over-sampling A/D Converters.
UNIT V WAVEFORM GENERATORS AND SPECIAL FUNCTION ICs 9
Sine-wave generators, Multivibrators and Triangular wave generator, Saw-tooth wave generator, ICL8038 function generator, Timer IC 555, IC Voltage regulators – Three terminal fixed and adjustable voltage regulators – IC 723 general purpose regulator – Monolithic switching regulator, Switched capacitor filter IC MF10, Frequency to Voltage and Voltage to Frequency converters, Audio Power amplifier, Video Amplifier, Isolation Amplifier, Opto-couplers and fibre optic IC.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
1. Sergio Franco, Design with operational amplifiers and analog integrated circuits, 3rd Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2007.
2. D.Roy Choudhry, Shail Jain, Linear Integrated Circuits, New Age International Pvt. Ltd., 2000
1. B.S.Sonde, System design using Integrated Circuits , New Age Pub, 2nd Edition, 2001
2. Gray and Meyer, Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, Wiley International, 2005.
3. Ramakant A.Gayakwad, OP-AMP and Linear ICs, Prentice Hall / Pearson Education, 4th Edition, 2001.
4. J.Michael Jacob, Applications and Design with Analog Integrated Circuits, Prentice Hall of India, 1996.
5. William D.Stanley, Operational Amplifiers with Linear Integrated Circuits, Pearson Education, 2004.
6. K Lal Kishore, Operational Amplifier and Linear Integrated Circuits, Pearson Education, 2006.
7. S.Salivahanan & V.S. Kanchana Bhaskaran, Linear Integrated Circuits, TMH, 2008