ANNA UNIV 1ST SEMESTER SYLLABUS 2012
Get syllabus for the academic year 2012- 2013 first semester for those who’ve admitted through tnea 2012 counselling as well as through management quta .
You may Subscribe for ANNA UNIVERSITY to get all upcoming updates to your EMAIL INBOX ( free ) .
Also don’t forgot to share this with your friends via Facebook , Twitter . So that your friends will know about this too.
ANNA UNIVERSITY,CHENNAI 2012
SEMESTER : 1ST SEMESTER
BRANCH : COMMON TO ALL BRANCHES
REGULATION : R 2012.
|HS8151||Technical English -I|
click Plus One to Download :
DOWNLOAD : ANNA UNIV SYLLABUS ( ALL SUBJECTS INCLUDED )
|GE8152||ENGINEERING GRAPHICS||L T P C|
|(Common to all branches of B.E. / B. Tech. Programmes)||2 0 3 4|
To develop in students, graphic skills for communication of concepts, ideas and design of engineering products and expose them to existing national standards related to technical drawings.
Concepts and conventions (Not for Examination) 1
Importance of graphics in engineering applications – Use of drafting instruments – BIS conventions and specifications – Size, layout and folding of drawing sheets – Lettering and dimensioning.
UNIT I PLANE CURVES AND FREE HAND SKETCHING 14
Basic Geometrical constructions, Curves used in engineering practices
Conics – Construction of ellipse, parabola and hyperbola by eccentricity method – Construction of cycloid – construction of involutes of square and circle – Drawing of tangents and normal to the above curves, Scales: Construction of Diagonal and Vernier scales.
Visualization concepts and Free Hand sketching: Visualization principles –Representation of Three Dimensional objects – Layout of views- Free hand sketching of multiple views
from pictorial views of objects
UNIT II PROJECTION OF POINTS, LINES AND PLANE SURFACES 14
Orthographic projection- principles-Principal planes-First angle projection-Projection of points. Projection of straight lines (only First angle projections) inclined to both the principal planes
– Determination of true lengths and t r ue inclinations by rotating line method and trapezoidal
method and traces
Projection of planes (polygonal and circular surf aces ) inclined to both the principal planes by rotating object method.
UNIT III PROJECTION OF SOLIDS 14
Projection of simple solids like prisms, pyramids, cylinder, cone and truncated solids when the axis is inclined to one of the principal planes by rotating object method and auxiliary plane method.
UNIT IV PROJECTION OF SECTIONED SOLIDS AND DEVELOPMENT OF SURFACES 14
Sectioning of above solids in simple vertical position when the cutting plane is inclined to the one of the principal planes and perpendicular to the other – obtaining true shape of section. Development of lateral surfaces of simple and sectioned solids – Prisms, pyramids cylinders and cones. Development of lateral surfaces of solids with cut-outs and holes
UNIT V ISOMETRIC AND PERSPECTIVE PROJECTIONS 15
Principles of isometric projection – isometric scale –Isometric projections of simple solids and truncated solids – Prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones- combination of two solid objects in simple vertical positions and miscellaneous problems. Perspective projection of simple solids- Prisms, pyramids and cylinders by visual ray method and vanishing point method.
COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING (DEMONSTRATION ONLY) 3
Introduction to drafting packages and demonstration of their use.
TOTAL: 75 PERIODS TEXT BOOKS:
1. N.D.Bhatt and V.M.Panchal, “Engineering Drawing”, Charotar Publishing House, 50th
2. K. V.Natrajan, “A text book of Engineering Graphics”, Dhanalakshmi Publishers, Chennai, 2009.
1. K.R.Gopalakrishna., “Engineering Drawing” (Vol I&II combined) Subhas Stores, Bangalore,
2. Luzzader, Warren.J., and Duff,John M.,,‟‟ Fundamentals of Engineering Drawing with an
introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics for Design and Production”, Eastern
Economy Edition, Prentice Hall of India Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 2005
3. M.B.Shah and B.C.Rana, “Engineering Drawing”, Pearson, 2nd Edition, 2009
4. K.Venugopal and V.Prabhu Raja, “Engineering Graphics”, New Age International (P) Limited ,2008.
5. Basant Agarwal and Agarwal C.M., “Engineering Drawing”, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing
Company Limited, New Delhi,2008.
Publication of Bureau of Indian Standards:
1. IS 10711 – 2001: Technical products Documentation – Size and lay out of drawing sheets.
2. IS 9609 (Parts 0 & 1) – 2001: Technical products Documentation – Lettering.
3. IS 10714 (Part 20) – 2001 & SP 46 – 2003: Lines for technical drawings.
4. IS 11669 – 1986 & SP 46 – 2003: Dimensioning of Technical Drawings.
5. IS 15021 (Parts 1 to 4) – 2001: Technical drawings – Projection Methods.
Special points applicable to University Examinations on Engineering Graphics:
1. There will be five questions, each of either or type covering all units of the syllabus.
2. All questions will carry equal marks of 20 each making a total of 100.
3. The answer paper shall consist of drawing sheets of A3 size only. The students will be permitted to use appropriate scale to fit solution within A3 size.
4. The examination will be conducted in appropriate sessions on the same day.
ANNA UNIVERSITY SYLLABUS FOR ALL SUBJECTS ( 1ST SEMESTER )
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS :)
HAVE ANY DOUBTS , ASK IT VIA COMMENTS :)