Data Structures Important Questions – 3rd Sem ECE Nov/Dec 2012
Anna University Important Questions for ECE 3rd Semester , get the questions and share with your friends.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What is abstract data type?
2. Give any four applications of stack.
3. What is meant by binary search tree?
4. Write the advantages of threaded binary tree.
5. Define B-Tree.
6. What is sentinel?
7. What is primary clustering?
8. What is meant by rehashing?
9. What are articulation points?
10. What is activity-node graph?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
|11.||(a)||(i)||Explain the process of postfix expression||evaluation with||an|
(ii) Write a program to print the elements of a singly linked list. (8) Or
(b) (i) Explain with an example the creation of a linked list, insertion and deletion of nodes, and swapping of any two nodes. (10)
(ii) Explain the process of conversion from infix expression to postfix expression using stack. (6)
12. (a) (i) Explain the operations of insertion of nodes into and deletion of nodes from, a binary search tree with code. (10)
(ii) Construct an expression tree for the expression (a + b * c) + ((d * e + 1) * g). Give the outputs when you apply preorder, inorder and postorder traversals. (6)
(b) Give the analysis of insertion and deletion operations of nodes in binary search tree. (16)
13. (a) Explain the operations which are done in B-Tree with examples. (16) Or
(b) What is heap order property? Explain the operations which can be done in heap with examples. (16)
14. (a) Briefly explain the three common collision resolution strategies in open addressing hashing. (16)
|(b)||Give||an account on the following :|
|(i)||Dynamic equivalence problem.||
|(ii)||Smart union algorithms.||
15. (a) Define network flow problem. Explain the maximum flow algorithm for the graph given below. 16 .
|(i)||Explain the Kruskal’s algorithm with an example.||(10)|
|(ii)||Give a short note on Euler circuits.||