Control Systems Syllabus for 4th Semester ECE EC2255
Anna University Syllabus for ECE 4th Semester ” EC 2255 Control Systems ” ( CS ) . Share with your friends .
See Also Other Subjects for 4th Sem ECE :
1. Probability and Random Processes
2. Electronic Circuits II
3. Communication Theory
4. Electromagnetic Fields
5. Linear Integrated Circuits
Syllabus Info :
Subject : Control Systems
Sub Code : EC2255
Branch : Electronics & Communication Engineering
Semester : 4th Sem
Univ : Anna Univeresity & Affiliated College
EC 2255 CONTROL SYSTEMS
To familiarize the students with concepts related to the operation analysis and stabilization of control systems
- To understand the open loop and closed loop (feedback ) systems
- To understand time domain and frequency domain analysis of control systems required for stability analysis.
- To understand the compensation technique that can be used to stabilize control systems
UNIT I CONTROL SYSTEM MODELING 9
Basic Elements of Control System – Open loop and Closed loop systems – Differential equation – Transfer function, Modeling of Electric systems, Translational and rotational mechanical systems – Block diagram reduction Techniques – Signal flow graph
UNIT II TIME RESPONSE ANALYSIS 9
Time response analysis – First Order Systems – Impulse and Step Response analysis of second order systems – Steady state errors – P, PI, PD and PID Compensation, Analysis using MATLAB
UNIT III FREQUENCY RESPONSE ANALYSIS 9
Frequency Response – Bode Plot, Polar Plot, Nyquist Plot – Frequency Domain specifications from the plots – Constant M and N Circles – Nichol’s Chart – Use of Nichol’s Chart in Control System Analysis. Series, Parallel, series-parallel Compensators - Lead, Lag, and Lead Lag Compensators, Analysis using MATLAB.
UNIT IV STABILITY ANALYSIS 9
Stability, Routh-Hurwitz Criterion, Root Locus Technique, Construction of Root Locus, Stability, Dominant Poles, Application of Root Locus Diagram – Nyquist Stability Criterion - Relative Stability, Analysis using MATLAB
UNIT V STATE VARIABLE ANALYSIS & DIGITAL CONTROL SYSTEMS 9
State space representation of Continuous Time systems – State equations – Transfer function from State Variable Representation – Solutions of the state equations - Concepts of Controllability and Observability – State space representation for Discrete time systems. Sampled Data control systems – Sampling Theorem – Sample & Hold – Open loop & Closed loop sampled data systems.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
1. J.Nagrath and M.Gopal,” Control System Engineering”, New Age International Publishers, 5th Edition, 2007.
2. M.Gopal, “Control System – Principles and Design”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2nd Edition, 2002.
1. Benjamin.C.Kuo, “Automatic control systems”, Prentice Hall of India, 7th Edition,1995.
2. M.Gopal, Digital Control and State Variable Methods, 2nd Edition, TMH, 2007. Schaum’s Outline Series,’Feedback and Control Systems’ Tata McGraw- Hill, 2007.
3. John J.D’azzo & Constantine H.Houpis, ’Linear control system analysis and design’, Tata McGrow-Hill, Inc., 1995.
4. Richard C. Dorf & Robert H. Bishop, “ Modern Control Systems”, Addidon – Wesley, 1999.
Anna Univ Syllabus for ece , syllabus for 4th sem ece, control system syllabus download, reg 2008
> Anna Univ Even Semester Syllabus for all branches [ Semester Wise Given ]