Anna University Lab Manual for 1st Semester Reg 2013 all branches
Lab Manual for 1st Semester
Anna university has released lab manuals & syllabus for 1st semester academics which the class begins from august 1, 2013 for all affiliated colleges in Tamilnadu .
Students may download the 1st sem syllabus and lab manuals for all subjects , all branches from this page . You may share with your friends on facebook, twitter, google + . Anna university syllabus for laboratory .
1st semester regulation 2013 Syllabus
Anna univ 1st sem syllabus : Download
Also check : Anna University 1st Semester Time Table JAN 2014
GE6161 COMPUTER PRACTICES LABORATORY L T P C
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
1. Search, generate, manipulate data using MS office/ Open Office
2. Presentation and Visualization – graphs, charts, 2D, 3D
3. Problem formulation, Problem Solving and Flowcharts
4. C Programming using Simple statements and expressions
5. Scientific problem solving using decision making and looping.
6. Simple programming for one dimensional and two dimensional arrays.
7. Solving problems using String functions
8. Programs with user defined functions – Includes Parameter Passing
9. Program using Recursive Function and conversion from given program to flow chart.
10. Program using structures and unions.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
GE6162 ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY L T P C
- To provide exposure to the students with hands on experience on various basic engineering practices in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
GROUP A (CIVIL & MECHANICAL)
I CIVIL ENGINEERING PRACTICE
(a) Study of plumbing and carpentry components of residential and industrial buildings. Safety aspects.
(a) Study of pipeline joints, its location and functions: valves, taps, couplings, unions, reducers, elbows in household fittings.
(b) Study of pipe connections requirements for pumps and turbines.
(c) Preparation of plumbing line sketches for water supply and sewage works. (d) Hands-on-exercise:
Basic pipe connections – Mixed pipe material connection – Pipe connections with different joining components.
(e) Demonstration of plumbing requirements of high-rise buildings.
Carpentry using Power Tools only:
(a) Study of the joints in roofs, doors, windows and furniture. (b) Hands-on-exercise:
Wood work, joints by sawing, planing and cutting.
II MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE 13
(a) Preparation of arc welding of butt joints, lap joints and tee joints. (b) Gas welding practice
(a) Simple Turning and Taper turning
(b) Drilling Practice
Sheet Metal Work:
(a) Forming & Bending:
(b) Model making – Trays, funnels, etc.
(c) Different type of joints.
Machine assembly practice:
(a) Study of centrifugal pump
(b) Study of air conditioner
(a) Smithy operations, upsetting, swaging, setting down and bending. Example – Exercise – Production of hexagonal headed bolt.
(b) Foundry operations like mould preparation for gear and step cone pulley. (c) Fitting – Exercises – Preparation of square fitting and vee – fitting models.
GROUP B (ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS)
III ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE 10
1. Residential house wiring using switches, fuse, indicator, lamp and energy meter.
2. Fluorescent lamp wiring.
3. Stair case wiring
4. Measurement of electrical quantities – voltage, current, power & power factor in RLC
5. Measurement of energy using single phase energy meter.
6. Measurement of resistance to earth of an electrical equipment.
|IV||ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING PRACTICE||
|1. Study of Electronic components and equipments – Resistor, colour coding||measurement|
of AC signal parameter (peak-peak, rms period, frequency) using CR.
2. Study of logic gates AND, OR, EOR and NOT.
3. Generation of Clock Signal.
4. Soldering practice – Components Devices and Circuits – Using general purpose PCB.
5. Measurement of ripple factor of HWR and FWR.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Jeyachandran K., Natarajan S. & Balasubramanian S., “A Primer on Engineering
Practices Laboratory”, Anuradha Publications, (2007).
2. Jeyapoovan T., Saravanapandian M. & Pranitha S., “Engineering Practices Lab Manual”, Vikas
Puplishing House Pvt.Ltd, (2006)
3. Bawa H.S., “Workshop Practice”, Tata McGraw – Hill Publishing Company Limited, (2007).
4. Rajendra Prasad A. & Sarma P.M.M.S., “Workshop Practice”, Sree Sai Publication, (2002).
5. Kannaiah P. & Narayana K.L., “Manual on Workshop Practice”, Scitech Publications, (1999).
|GE6163||PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY LABORATORY – I||L T P||C|
|0 0 2||1|
PHYSICS LABORATORY – I
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
(Any FIVE Experiments)
1 (a) Determination of Wavelength, and particle size using Laser
(b) Determination of acceptance angle in an optical fiber.
2. Determination of velocity of sound and compressibility of liquid – Ultrasonic interferometer.
3. Determination of wavelength of mercury spectrum – spectrometer grating
4. Determination of thermal conductivity of a bad conductor – Lee’s Disc method.
5. Determination of Young’s modulus by Non uniform bending method
6. Determination of specific resistance of a given coil of wire – Carey Foster’s Bridge
CHEMISTRY LABORATORY-I LIST OF EXPERIMENTS (Any FIVE Experiments)
1 Determination of DO content of water sample by Winkler’s method.
2 Determination of chloride content of water sample by argentometric method
3 Determination of strength of given hydrochloric acid using pH meter
4 Determination of strength of acids in a mixture using conductivity meter
5 Estimation of iron content of the water sample using spectrophotometer
(1,10- phenanthroline / thiocyanate method)
6 Determination of molecular weight of polyvinylalcohol using Ostwald viscometer
7 Conductometric titration of strong acid vs strong base
TOTAL: 30 PERIODS
1. Daniel R. Palleros, “Experimental organic chemistry” John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Yor (2001).
2. Furniss B.S. Hannaford A.J, Smith P.W.G and Tatchel A.R., “Vogel’s Textbook of practical organic chemistry”, LBS Singapore (1994).
3. Jeffery G.H., Bassett J., Mendham J.and Denny vogel’s R.C, “Text book of quantitative analysis chemical analysis”, ELBS 5th Edn. Longman, Singapore publishers, Singapore, 1996.
4. Kolthoff I.M., Sandell E.B. et al. “Quantitative chemical analysis”, Mcmillan, Madras 1980
anna univ syllabi for regulation 2013
anna univ be , btech first semester syllabus download
1st semester syllabus for ece ,
lab manual for 1st semester