Anna University Syllabus for all branches:
Anna Univ Syllabus for ECE ( 3rd to 8th Sem ) on the previous post , now download syllabus for m3 . Its common to all branches like , ECE ,EEE, CSE, IT, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Civil, E&I, etc..
You may download syllabus for mathematics 3 or m3 syllabus for anna university under regulation 2008
Subject : Mathematic III or M3
Branch : Common to all Branches
Anna University Regulation 2008
MATHEMATICS III L T P C (Common to all branches of BE / B.Tech Programmes) 3 1 0 4
To facilitate the understanding of the principles and to cultivate the art of formulating physical problems in the language of mathematics.
- To introduce Fourier series analysis which is central to many applications in engineering apart from its use in solving boundary value problems
- To acquaint the student with Fourier transform techniques used in wide variety of situations in which the functions used are not periodic
- To introduce the effective mathematical tools for the solutions of partial differential equations that model physical processes
- To develop Z- transform techniques which will perform the same task for discrete time systems as Laplace Transform, a valuable aid in analysis of continuous time systems
UNIT I FOURIER SERIES 9+3
Dirichlet’s conditions – General Fourier series – Odd and even functions – Half-range Sine and Cosine series – Complex form of Fourier series – Parseval’s identity – Harmonic Analysis.
UNIT II FOURIER TRANSFORM 9+3
Fourier integral theorem – Fourier transform pair-Sine and Cosine transforms – Properties – Transform of elementary functions – Convolution theorem – Parseval’s identity.
UNIT III PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS 9+3
Formation – Solutions of first order equations – Standard types and Equations reducible to standard types – Singular solutions – Lagrange’s Linear equation – Integral surface passing through a given curve – Solution of linear equations of higher order with constant coefficients.
UNIT IV APPLICATIONS OF PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS 9+3
Method of separation of Variables – Solutions of one dimensional wave equation and one-dimensional heat equation – Steady state solution of two-dimensional heat equation – Fourier series solutions in Cartesian coordinates.
UNIT VI Z – TRANSFORM AND DIFFERENCE EQUATIONS 9+3
Z-transform – Elementary properties – Inverse Z-transform – Convolution theorem – Initial and Final value theorems – Formation of difference equation – Solution of difference equation using Z-transform.
L: 45, T: 15, TOTAL : 60 PERIODS
1. Grewal, B.S. “Higher Engineering Mathematics”, Khanna Publications (2007)
1. Glyn James, “Advanced Modern Engineering Mathematics, Pearson Education
2. Ramana, B.V. “Higher Engineering Mathematics” Tata McGraw Hill (2007).
3. Bali, N.P. and Manish Goyal, “A Text Book of Engineering 7th Edition (2007) Lakshmi Publications (P) Limited, New Delhi.
Download Anna Univ Syllabus for other semesters, subjects from the related posts below.
Share this with your friends via Facebook Share, Twitter & Google +1 .